Topic- Iguana Price in India
Hello everyone, Today in Top pet Products we are going to talk about a very different and unique pet that is Iguana. Iguana is one of the most popular lizard pets and it is not very popular in India, but some lizard pet lovers are eager to make them their pets.
So if you are planning to make this unique creature your pet then we have covered all the detailed aspects of Iguana for you to make your task very easy.
So In this article Iguana Price in India we have given very elaborate information about them like its price, caring tips, pros and cons, some of the most asked FAQs and much more. So scroll down to read it till the end to get complete information!
Iguana price in India
Iguanas are available in a wide range of prices depending on the morph, age and gender its price can vary in India.
On average, An green Iguana price in India can start anywhere from 10,000 Rs to 15,000 Rs.
However, some of the other morphs can cost you anywhere from 40,000 Rs all the way up to 1,00, 000 Rs or can be even more.
|Iguana Price in Mumbai||10,000 to 1,00,000 Rs.|
|Iguana Price in Delhi||10,000 to 1,00,000 Rs.|
|Iguana Price in Kolkata||10,000 to 1,00,000 Rs.|
|Iguana Price in Kerala||10,000 to 1,00,000 Rs.|
|Iguana Price in Bangalore||10,000 to 1,00,000 Rs.|
|Iguana Price in Pune||10,000 to 1,00,000 Rs.|
|Iguana Price in Hyderabad||10,000 to 1,00,000 Rs.|
Type of Iguana colour morphs (Along with prices)
|Blue Iguana Price in India||20,000 to 30,000 Rs.|
|Albino Iguana Price in India||40,000 to 60,000 Rs.|
|Snow Iguana Price in India||80,000 to 1,00,000 Rs.|
About Iguana Price in India
The green iguana is a well-liked pet among reptile lovers due to its reputation for being calm and kind. Green iguanas need a lot of care and attention, though, and they can turn violent if they feel threatened or stressed.
They are social animals who like sunbathing and socializing with their surroundings, but they can also develop aggressive and territorial tendencies. When handled and socialised properly from an early age, green iguanas are more likely to remain peaceful and friendly as they get older.
Lifespan and Size-
An adult green Iguanas can grow between 6 to 7 feet in length from head to tail. But usually, females do not grow more than 5 feet in length and the weight of the iguanas can be a maximum of up to 9 kg and sometimes can weigh even more. And their life span can range between 15 to 20 years.
Green iguanas are one of the most common pet reptiles and they are easy to get, you can easily find them in most exotic pet shops or reptile shops.
Tips To Take Care of Iguana
If your iguana is less than 18 inches in size then you can keep them in a 20-gallon tank but if yours is bigger then you have to keep them in a bigger setup or can keep them freely in the house. Talking about a bigger enclosure it should be at least 12 feet in length, 6 feet wide and 6 feet in height. Make sure to keep some enrichments in the setup like branches and plants where they can climb as they are arboreal meaning they live in trees.
2. Heating and lighting-
They do need a lot of heating. When they are small only one heat bulb can do the job but as they grow it requires more heating. An adult Iguana requires at least 4 to 6 heating bulbs to properly regulate the body temperature.
If you live in a colder region where there is not much sunlight then you should install UVA/UVB light in their enclosure this will prevent your iguana from metabolic bone disease and will get Vitamin D as well.
If you are keeping the iguana in a garden then it is obvious that soil will be the substrate but if you are keeping them in an indoor setup you can use newspaper, paper towel or reptile carpet as a substrate.
Iguana is herbivores which means they eat only fruits and vegetables. Make sure to not feed only fruits all the time as it can lead to an allergic reaction which may cause diarrhoea to them. So it is better to give them both veggies with a moderate amount of fruits.
As iguanas don’t chew the food they swallow it so make sure before serving them fruits or veggies cut them down to small pieces so that they can easily swallow them. You can also add reptile calcium supplements once or twice per week to their diet which will keep their bones healthy and strong.
Make sure to provide access to a fresh bowl of water all the time in their enclosure so they drink whenever they want to. Sometimes, baby iguanas can face difficulty in finding their water bowl due to which they may not be able to drink water.
so, It is recommended to spray water on them one time every day. And make sure to keep them in the water twice every week. Just take a small water tub fill it with water and just put the iguana in the tub. This will help the iguanas to shed their skin properly and if they want they can drink water.
6. Handling –
When you bring them home do not just start handling them let them settle in their enclosure and let them understand you are not a threat to them. Then after a few days, you can start handling them slowly.
Pros and Cons of Owning an Iguana
- They do have a long lifespan which is great news for any pet or iguana lover.
- Feeding them is extremely easy as they are herbivores they eat only veggies and fruits. (Next time you don’t feel like eating your salad you can give it to your pet iguana.)
- It is a strong and sturdy reptile that does not get hurt easily.
- They are active in the daytime and sleeps at night which is a plus for pet owner if you love to see iguana doing their activities.
- These are pretty big lizards and require a big enclosure to live.
- They don’t like too much handling, touching or petting.
- It requires a lot of care as you have to specific arrangements for keeping an Iguana.
- Iguanas are not the right pets for children.
- Taming them can be difficult it can take a few weeks, months or sometimes even a year.
1. How to Tame an Iguana?
Here are some tips you can follow to tame your Godzilla-
- First thing first you should buy Iguana from a reputable breeder so that you get a quality Iguana.
- Make sure to provide an enclosure well-suited to the size of the iguana. if you take proper care of their environment then will get quite comfortable in your house quite comfortably.
- And wherever you want to clean their enclosure do not be scared or afraid as you can iguana can get scared just remain calm. And make sure to not hold them tightly and let them crawl in your hand and they surely will get comfortable and will not view you as a threat.
- Try to hand feed them even if they don’t eat food from your hand they will get used to your presence inside their enclosure which will surely help in taming.
- Whenever you open the enclosure of your iguana do not take them out of its enclosure. just put them inside the enclosure only and make sure to put them in the direction of their scale.
- Whenever you want to pick up your iguana always pick them from below supporting their belly and never pick them up from above then they might see you as a threat and might get scared and bite you.
- Lastly, persistence and consistency are the to successfully tame them. Make sure to do 10 to 15 min of handling daily and do not handle them too much as they don’t feel comfortable.
2. Is Iguana suitable for first-time lizard owners?
Iguanas may not be an ideal pet for the first-time owner as it takes a lot of responsibility to take proper care of them. If you have no experience you may start with the bearded dragons as they are a lot easier to take care of compared to iguanas.
3. Which is better a male or a female Iguana?
Temperament wise male Iguanas are generally more aggressive compared to female Iguanas so, a female iguana may be ideal to start with.
Finally, we have come to the end of this article and I have tried my best to give you all the minute details about Iguanas which will help you decide whether Iguana is suitable for you or not.
Iguanas can become your fantastic pet but if you are a first-time lizard pet owner then you should keep in mind that they require a good amount of caring time which you need to give.
If the answer is yes, then go ahead to welcome this wonderful, amazing and beautiful creature as your pet. Hope you found it helpful!
Thank you for Reading!