Topic – Pibull Price in India
Pitbulls are a very popular dog breed and everyone is aware of this. Pitbulls are always identified as a dangerous dog breed and they are also banned in some countries. But Is this true?
The answer is NO, this is not true, they can become a very friendly family dog or can become the other way. This totally depends on the owner on how he trains his Pitbull dog. They are one of the most determined dogs.
In this article, we have given detailed information about the pitbull breed, Pitbull Price in India, caring tips, maintenance cost, and much more. So, read it completely till the end!!
Pitbull Price in India 2023
Pitbulls are a term used for dog breeds in America. As per AKC, there are 4 types of Pitbulls(American Pitbull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and American Bully ). But In India and UK, American terrier Pitbulls are commonly known as Pitbull in short form, So in this article, we have considered this type only. They are available in very fewer quantities in India due to which their price is slightly higher. Apart from this, there is a lot of expenditure every month on their care and maintenance. Because of this also their price increases a little more.
The Pitbull price in India depends on the place/person from where you are buying it. If you are buying from a local pet shop, the price of a pitbull starts from 20,000 Rs and can go up to 30,000 Rs.
If you are buying from a breeder, the price of a Pitbull will start from 40,000 and can go up to 80,000 Rs. Depending upon how reputed the breed is, what quality he’s giving, and the location where he’s situated.
|Location||Local Pet Shop Price||Breeder Price|
|Pitbull dog price in Mumbai||20,000 Rs - 30,000 Rs.||40,000 Rs - 80,000 Rs.|
|Pitbull dog price in Delhi||20,000 Rs - 30,000 Rs.||40,000 Rs - 80,000 Rs.|
|Pitbull dog price in Bangalore||20,000 Rs - 30,000 Rs.||40,000 Rs - 80,000 Rs.|
|Pitbull dog price in Kerala||20,000 Rs - 30,000 Rs.||40,000 Rs - 80,000 Rs.|
|Pitbull dog price in Kolkata||20,000 Rs - 30,000 Rs.||40,000 Rs - 80,000 Rs.|
|Pitbull dog price in Haryana||20,000 Rs - 30,000 Rs.||40,000 Rs - 80,000 Rs.|
|Pitbull dog price in Punjab||20,000 Rs - 30,000 Rs.||40,000 Rs - 80,000 Rs.|
|Pitbull dog price in Hyderabad||20,000 Rs - 30,000 Rs.||40,000 Rs - 80,000 Rs.|
|Pitbull dog price in Pune||20,000 Rs - 30,000 Rs.||40,000 Rs - 80,000 Rs.|
|Pitbull dog price in Chennai||20,000 Rs - 30,000 Rs.||40,000 Rs - 80,000 Rs.|
Factors affecting the Pitbull Price in India
1. Breeder’s reputation:
A well-known breeder who is very popular for producing healthy, superior-quality of pitbull puppies is likely to charge more than a local breeder. This is because they have a history of producing better quality puppies with better care and skill
2. Age of the dog:
Pitbull puppies will be sold for higher prices than older ones, as people generally prefer to buy puppies because they are easy to train and they learn things quickly compared to an adult pitbull
3. Health :
A Pitbull with known health problems can be less expensive than one who is in good condition because the buyer will have to factor in the prospective cost of medical care.
Location is also an important factor that should be taken into consideration. if you live in an urban area it is more likely that a pitbull pup is sold for a higher price compared to rural areas. because breeders might have to raise their prices in urban areas where the cost of living is higher in order to cover their own costs.
5. Breed’s popularity-
The price of Pitbulls can also be impacted by the breed’s overall popularity. Breeds with greater popularity may be sold for higher prices as a result of more demand.
Maintenance cost of owning the Pitbull in India
- Pitbull dogs eat a lot so the majority of your expense will be spent on their food. It would cost you around 3,000–4,000 Rs each month to feed your pitbull standard-quality dog food. Additionally, you would have to pay between 5,000–6,000 Rs. each month if you want to feed premium quality dog food.
- A puppy needs vaccinations more often, thus the expense is slightly greater. The price of each shot approximately ranges from 800 to 1500 rupees.
- It’s crucial that the food your pitbull consumes is correctly digested if you want him to grow to be big in size. Hence, Deworming is very important; the cost of these deworming medications generally ranges between 100-200 Rs for each schedule.
- Pitbulls often have short coats that are simple to care for. Shampoos, brushes, nail clippers, and other grooming supplies can cost between 500 and 1000 Rs.
- Leashes, collars, bowls, toys, outfits, etc. are not items you would typically purchase every month; instead, they are one-time investments that can cost up to 1,000 Rs annually. You can read the article best Sturdy Dog leash in India to Know which leash might be suitable for your pitbull.
- Another significant upfront expense is the spaying or neutering of your Pitbull if you don’t want it to produce puppies or go into heat (either male or female). This operation/ procedure will cost between 4,000 and 12,000 Rs. (depending on the location you live).
About Pitbull Dog Breed
Pitbull dogs often have square, huge heads, strong, deep chests, stocky bodies and straight tails. They are available in brown, white, tan, and brindle and can be found in a combination of 2 -3 colours also.
Pit Bulls are strong, energetic, agile and powerful dogs. Very resourceful and driven. “Determination” is one of his most notable traits. They’ll put their heart and soul into whatever they’re willing to do. Whether it’s walking out to an unfenced/ fenced yard to explore the neighbourhood or destroying your new couch when you leave the house alone or climbing onto your lap to shower you with a kiss – they don’t give up easily.
4. Size and Lifestyle-
The average life span of a Pitbull ranges from 10 to 14 years. How long they will live will generally depend on how properly you take care of them. And they weigh between 16- 27 kg and can range between 45- 53 cm in Height.
5. Intelligence and Trainability-
Pitbull is quite intelligent. And are also trainable they can learn various commands and tricks when trained properly as they are very obedient and loyal to their owners.
6. Health Problems-
Below is the list
Problems arise when their bones become weak and it can lead to hip dislocation, knee cap problems, brittle bones, etc.
As they have short hair they are vulnerable to skin problems like itching, loss of shine, and allergies.
They can also get health problems and thyroid problems.
Do keep a regular health checkup on your dog to get rid of these problems.
Care Tips For Pitbull in India
If you are buying, I highly recommend you buy a 3-4 month puppy instead of a more mature pit bull. Because directly owning a big Pitbull will not go well for you.
Here are some caring tips you can follow-
Most people bring pit bulls as they grow they keep them inside the house and keep them tied at all times due to which they get very aggressive. Do not do this.
As soon as you bring a pitbull puppy let them settle in its new home and socialize him or her with other family members, different types of people, kids, places, pets and sounds as much as possible. So, when grown they will not be aggressive towards others.
It is very important to train them at an early age so they listen to your commands and if it gets aggressive you can handle them. When you’re having the proper training, they look at you as their leader and you’re building a bond with them. Don’t cheap out on training. If you invest in a high-ticket training program, it’s probably better than investing in a lower ticket because a higher ticket is probably a lot more proper training.
The right techniques for, let’s say sit down, lay, leave it all that good stuff. And the cheap ones can give you a run around of basic puppy training.
You can give Pitbulls cooked meats like chicken, beef, lamb, goat, fish, eggs, etc.
Can give grains like white rice(but in low quantity), can give legumes, dairy products(curd, Buttermilk, Panner), boiled veggies and fruits. Do not give them sweet, salty and spicy foods. You can also give commercial food to your Pitbull as well.
If you have a pit bull whose age is less than 4 months feed them 4 times a day as it is their growing age. If your pitbull is between 4- 6 months feed them 3 times a day and if your dog is above 6 months you can feed them 2-3 times a day.
Pitbulls are active and energetic breeds so it is important to give them exercise. Pitbull need at least 60 mins of exercise to be healthy, fit and happy. There is no need to provide them with exercise for straight 60- 90 minutes. You can divide the exercise into two 30 minutes sessions one in the morning and one in the evening(you can take them for walking, hiking, etc.)
Make sure to have tons of different toys. Pitbull love to chew on things so it is better to have different types of chew toys. By playing with the toys your dog will be busy and will remain entertained.
Grooming a Pitbull is generally easy as it has small hairs. It is important to brush their hair once a week to keep them neat, also clean and check the ears weekly which will help to prevent the ears from infection, Brush the teeth once or twice a week. You should bathe a Pitbull once a month as pit bull has a natural oil in their hair. So, if you wash their hair daily it will cause dryness. So it is better to bathe them once a month or when it is necessary.
6. Vet checkups-
Whether you have a Pitbull or any other pet it is important to have a regular health checkup to be sure that your pet is perfectly fine and healthy. It is important to take a pitbull for a checkup once every 6 months or 1 year.
Pros and Cons of Owning a Pitbull in India
- Extremely affectionate, loyal and obedient to the owner.
- Will protect the owner at all costs even if it dies.
- As it has short hair grooming is relatively easy.
- They are also playful and cuddly.
- May not be suited for non-experienced dog owners.
- Known for attacking strangers and other animals or pets.
- May not be ideal for small kids.
Some Amazing Facts About Pitbull
1. Pitbulls were initially bred for the blood sport of “bull-baiting,” where they were battled against actual bulls. Although they have subsequently been developed for different uses, such as guarding and hunting, the breed is still known for its robust and stubborn attitude.
2. Pit bulls are devoted and loyal to their owners, despite their reputation as aggressive canines. They are well-known for their fun and sociable demeanour and make excellent companions.
3. Pitbulls are very smart and trainable, and they are excellent at both obedience and agility training. Due to their intelligence and capacity for developing strong bonds with their owners, they are frequently utilised as service dogs and therapy dogs.
4. Pitbulls are able to carry out a number of duties because they are muscular, athletic dogs. Weight lifting, flyball, and Frisbee are just a few of the sports they are excel
5. Pitbulls are frequently utilised as search and rescue dogs because they have a keen sense of smell. They are usually trained as detection dogs and used to find bombs and drugs.
Is Pitbull ideal for a First-time owner?
If you are a first-time owner, don’t get a pit bull if you don’t have the prior knowledge to understand the behaviour or correct it. Because if your dog starts to misbehave and you didn’t understand why he’s behaving like that, this makes the behaviour worse. This is applicable for every breed, but there would be lots of blood if the pitbull does that.
What is the price of a Pitbull dog in Indian rupees?
The Price of a Pitbull ranges between 20,000- 80,000 Rs. The price may be more or less depending on whether you have purchased from a breeder or from a local pet shop.
Can I adopt a Pitbull in India?
Yes, you can adopt a pit bull there is various rescue organization or pet adoption centre where you can get a Pitbull.
How can I get my Pitbull license in India?
To get a license for any dog you need a certain list of documents like a passport-size photo, vaccination certificate, health certificate, etc.
Then you can take the form from a municipal corporation and fill in all the correct details and attach all the documents and submit it to them. Nowadays, these procedures can be done online as well. (Online License Registration Link)
It is always better to take the license of your dog to keep you away from legal issues.
Here, is the official Document of Dog license Guideline to learn more about it.
At what age should I crop my pitbull ears?
There is no right age for cropping the ears of your dog but it is recommended to crop their ear when they are very young(6 and 12 weeks old) so that they grow they might not remember this experience and will not get traumatized.
Although, I recommend you not crop your pit bull or any dog’s ears.
Finally, we have come to the end of this article regarding Pitbull price in India and it can be concluded that Pitbulls are guard and fighting dogs so they are a little bit aggressive in nature. But with proper training, socialization, love and care they can be turned out to be one of the best affectionate companions. That being said always keep them under your supervision when they are around kids and whenever you are taking them in a public always have a leash on them. It takes great Responsibility to own Pitbull dogs.
Thank You For Reading!!