Siberian cats are gaining huge popularity in India. Most of the cat lovers are not much aware of this breed .In this article Siberian Cat Price in India you will get to know about this wonderful cat breed ,its caring tips and what all factors affecting its prices.Read it completely to know more.
Siberian Cat Price in India?
The average Siberian Cat Price in India can range from 10,000 Rs to 30,000Rs. Price may differ throughout India. They might not be easily available but you can find some breeders that sell this breed generally in metro cities like Mumbai, Banglore, Delhi, etc.
|Siberian cat price in Mumbai||10,000-30,000/-Rs|
|Siberian cat price in Chennai||10,000-30,000/-Rs|
|Siberian cat price in Delhi||10,000-30,000/-Rs|
|Siberian cat price in Banglore||10,000-30,000/-Rs|
|Siberian cat price in Kolkata||10,000-30,000/-Rs|
|Siberian cat price in Kerala||10,000-30,000/-Rs|
|Siberian cat price in Karnataka||10,000-30,000/-Rs|
|Siberian cat price in Tamil Nadu||10,000-30,000/-Rs|
Factors Affecting Siberian Cat Price in India
It is one of the main factors affecting the price of a Siberian cat. Cats with pedigrees from well-known breeders can be priced significantly higher than cats without pedigrees.
2. Coat Colour and Patterns –
Coat colour is another factor that can affect the price of a Siberian cat. Cats with rare coat colours, such as blue or lavender, may be priced higher than cats with more common coat colours.
3. Eye Colour –
Eye colour can also affect the price of a Siberian cat. Cats with blue eyes are typically priced higher than cats with green or brown eyes.
4. Pure Breed or Mix breed-
Other factors that can affect the price include whether it is purebred or not. Siberian cats that are purebred are usually more expensive than those that are not.
About Siberian Cat Breed
The Siberian cat is a descendant of the ancient Forest cats of Siberia. These cats were known for their thick fur coats, which protected them from the harsh winters of their native land. In the early 1900s, Siberian cats were brought to Europe and eventually made their way to America. Today, Siberian cats are one of the most popular cat breeds in the world.
Siberian cats are known for their friendly personalities and long-lasting bonds with their owners. They are also very intelligent and easily trained. If you are looking for a loyal and loving companion, a Siberian cat may be the perfect pet for you.
A Siberian cat typically ranges from medium to large. They are semi-longhaired cats. They are broad-chested with a wedge-shaped head and tippy ears on top. Despite the fact that they have a stocky body they are extremely agile and athletic.
You can find Siberians in a range of colours and patterns. Black, red, brown, cream, solid white, tabby, blue. And as for their eyes, Siberians are mostly green or copper-eyed or can also have blue eyes.
They are loving animals and are somewhat dog-like in their personalities. That is, they are incredibly loyal to their owners. They’ll even run to greet you at the door when you get back. The Siberian Cat absolutely loves being with its human, and they will involve themselves with every single thing that goes on in the house.
They will join you as you read the newspaper, generally by naturally laying themselves across the page. They’ll also cuddle up on the couch with you as you watch TV.
You can anticipate that everywhere you go, they will either be two steps ahead of you or two steps behind you. They just simply love to be involved with their human friend!
Siberian Cats are especially sweet pets and they generally get along with everybody. They’ll make friends with kids, dogs, and even other cats.
They are semi-longhaired, they have three layers of hair coat, upper coat consists of long, glossy soft hair, While the middle coat has hair which is smaller than the outer coat but is bigger than the undercoat. And the inner or undercoat consists of short dense hair. These triple coats are ideal for them to survive in the cold climates of Russia. Moreover, their outer coat is waterproof.
Go for the food that is grain free and contains high-quality meat as these cats need proteins for proper growth. You can give a mixture of wet or dry cat food.
Or you can also give some homemade foods like boiled chicken, egg, lamb, fish, beef, boiled mashed potatoes, etc. and can give some veggies occasionally.
Intelligence & Trainability-
They have high intelligence. And to stimulate their mind, it is better to have toys like mice toys. Hanging father toys or puzzles they simply love to get challenged. Due to their intelligence and their affectionate nature, they are easy to train also.
It’s interesting how their coats don’t mat despite how thick and long they are. This makes Siberians quite easy to groom. Occasional grooming during the shedding season is usually enough to keep your cat looking good.
Also, make sure to cut over the grown nails of your cat. And occasional cleaning of the ears with a vet-prescribed ear cleanser will prevent your pet from having any type of ear infection.
Siberian cats are a relatively new breed, and as such, there is limited research on health problems that they may be prone to. However, there are a few health concerns that have been noted in this breed. Some of the most common health problems in Siberian cats include hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM), Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD), and hereditary eye disorders.
While these health problems can be concerning, it’s important to remember that they are not necessarily common. The majority of Siberian cats are healthy and live long happy lives. However, if you are considering getting a Siberian cat, it’s important to be aware of these potential health issues.
Siberian Cat Caring Tips
1. The first thing is you need to spend some time with these cats regularly. If you don’t have time to spend with your Siberian cat then, you can keep two cats so they can interact with one another and can keep each other entertained.
2. They love to climb and are very agile climbers too, which is interesting considering their size. So, you might want to install a Sturdy scratch post so they can climb as much as they want.
3. A Siberian cat can live indoors or outdoors, it doesn’t matter much to them.
4. However, if you’re going to make your cat an indoor-only cat, then know you’re going to have to stock up on toys to keep them stimulated. And they love toys a lot, all kinds of toys.
5. These guys do not like to be bored. If they are going to be their happy selves, then they need to be kept occupied.
6. Make sure to have a large litter box as it is a medium to large size cat breed. There are various types of cat litter boxes. choose the best litter tray box which suits your cat.
7. Place the litter box in a room that is quiet and doesn’t have much crowd so they can do their business privately.
8. Provide them with high quality diet three times a day to ensure proper growth.
9. If you are keeping these cats as an indoor cat then ensure that your cat gets enough exercise as they are prone to obesity.
10. In summer, they do need some extra care. It is important to trim their hair in a hot climate. And keep them inside at home during the afternoon.
Pros and cons of Siberian Cat As a Pet
- Siberian Cats are especially sweet pets and they generally get along with everybody. They’ll make friends with kids, dogs, and even other cats.
- A Siberian cat is very adaptive they can be indoors or outdoor cats.
- They are very loyal to them and always want to be around them.
- They are also very playful. And can bond with kids and other pets pretty easily.
- And does not make a lot of loud noises.
- Can get easily bored.
- Can easily get obese.
- Maintenace can be high than other small-haired cat breeds
Amazing Facts About Siberian Cats
- There are up to 124 astonishing variations to choose from!
- The unique thing about Siberians is that they love water. These guys enjoy the water in whatever form they find it. A shower, a running tap, a sink of water, it doesn’t matter. They find a way to enjoy wherever they find water.
- It can take them up to 5 years to get mature.
- Guess who is the national cat of Russia ?
How To Get Siberian Cats For Cheap ?
If you’re looking for a Siberian cat, there are a few things you can do to get one for cheap. First, check your local pet stores and see if they have any Siberian kittens for sale. You can also look online for Siberian cats that are being offered for sale by breeders. Sometimes, you can even find Siberian cats at shelters or rescue organizations. Just be sure to do your research before you buy a Siberian cat so that you know you’re getting a healthy and happy animal.
From Where To Purchase Siberian Cats
As I have already said they can be slighthly dificult to get in India. However you can get some breeder or pet shop
1.Karnataka Aquarium (Bengalore)-
He sell lot of exotic pets from cats to turtles, birds ,etc. They also Deliver all over India. And has its own youtube channel.
2. Drogo Pets( Mumbai, Powai)-
They also sell various exotic pets from reptiles to cat and dogs ,etc. and are very popular in mumbai.
Here are few adoption sites where you might Find siberian cats (for free)
2. Charlies Animal Recue Centre(CARE)
3. Adopt a Pet
4. The Bombay Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Animals
5. The Sanjay Gandhi Animal Care Centre (SGACC), New Delhi
1. Is a Siberian cat rare?
Yes, this Russian cat breed is quite rare and it can be a difficult task to find in India. However, there are few breeders in India where you can find these breeds.
2. Can Siberian cats live in hot weather?
Yes, they can, but it is important to keep them inside the home as they can get overheated and provide access to cold water.
3. Are male or female Siberian cats better?
Both Genders are loyal and have loving nature. However, male Siberian cats tend to show more love and affection towards their owner than females.
4. Are Siberian cats waterproof?
Yes, they do have waterproof hair coats which are perfect for survival in colder snow regions.
5. Do Siberian cats cause allergies?
No, they don’t generally cause any allergies. Allergies are caused by cats mostly due to a protein called Fel d 1 which is found in their saliva. This protein gets stuck to their hair when they are licking themselves hence we can get allergies.
But in these Siberian cat breeds, the amount of this protein is found in very less quantities than in other regular cat breeds hence they are hypoallergenic to humans.
But in rare cases, if somebody is very hypersensitive they may get some allergies.
6. What Colour are Siberian cats? Which is the rarest colour?
7. What do Siberian cats eat?
8. Is Siberian cat friendly?
Yes, there is no doubt about it they are extremely friendly if you looking for a cat that will always remain with you then this cat breed is the right choice for you.
9. Can milk be given to Siberian cats ?
Contrary to prior belief, milk is actually not good for cats. However, you can give them milk but as a rare treat only(once a week). Giving milk regularly can lead to digestive issues.
10. Do Siberian cats sleep at night?
We have come to an end of this article Siberia Cat Price in India 2022, We can conclude that Siberian Cats are very friendly and affectionate cats. They can easily form a very strong bond with anyone whether it is a human or any other pet. I have mentioned all the places where you can buy these cats and also have given complete details about them. If you are a cat lover like me then I strongly recommend you make this Siberian cat as your pet once in your lifetime. Feel free to ask any doubts below !!
Thank you for Reading!
Hope you found it helpfull.