One of the best things about having a hamster is loads of fun activities you can do with them. One of the best ways to pass the time is to engage in some Healthy Hamster Treats. Hamster treats can be anything that they can’t get in their natural habitats, such as cheese, cereal, raisins, and many other things. You can also find healthy hamster treats online.In order to ease your task, I have listed some of the best healthy hamster treats in India 2022.
What to look for when buying healthy Hamster treats?
Just like with people, all hamsters are not created equal. Some hamsters have a sweet tooth, while others would rather skip the sugary snacks and crunch on some fresh vegetables. When looking for the best treats for your hamster, it is important to take into account their individual preferences. You don’t want to give a sweet-toothed hamster a bunch of sugary treats if they’re not going to eat them, do you? Look for healthy, nutritious snacks that your hamster will love. And remember, treats should only make up a small part of your hamster’s diet–they should still be eating a balanced diet of pellets, vegetables, and water.
Best Healthy treats for 1st-time hamster owners
When it comes to treats, there are a few things to keep in mind. The most important thing is to make sure that the treats are healthy and safe for your hamster. The best treats for hamsters are those that are high in fiber and low in sugar. In addition, avoid treats that are fatty or high in salt. Some of our favorite healthy treats include fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as specially made hamster treats. If you are giving your hamster a new food for the first time, start with a small amount and wait a day or two to see how your hamster reacts. This will help you to avoid giving your hamster any foods that might cause an allergic reaction or upset their stomach.
Main Features –
- It is ideal for all breeds of hamsters.
- Treats contain chicken and carrots.
- It comes in 3 different package sizes – 30gm,45gm, and 75gm.
- It is high in protein and also provides omega-6 fatty acids.
- It has chicken that provides lean protein which helps in building muscles and bones.
- It does not contain any artificial flavors.
- Assists in maintaining a healthy coat and skin.
- Most hamsters will love it.
Available in very small quantity.
Main Features –
- It is a high-grade treat for rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, and other small animals.
- It comes in a pack of 200gm.
- Contains various veggies and fruits.
- It helps to strengthen bones and teeth.
- It is a well-balanced treat for your hammy.
- It does not contain any ingredients that will have a negative impact on your pet’s health.
Some of the hamsters may not like it.
Best Healthy treats for diabetic hamsters
Just like humans, hamsters can develop diabetes. This means that they need specific food items that are low in sugar and high in fiber. The best special treats for diabetic hamsters are those that are naturally healthy and high in nutrients. Fresh fruits and vegetables like broccoli, cucumber, zucchini, and apples are all great options. You can also give your hamster a small piece of whole-grain bread or a few seeds or nuts. Avoid giving your hamster any sugary candy or treats, as these will only make their diabetes worse.
Main Features –
- This treat contains cucumber and apple.
- It is available in a small pouch weighing around 20gm.
- It has cucumber which acts as an antioxidant and apple which is very nutritious and basically prevents several diseases.
- It is low in calories and does not have added sugar.
- Made with high-grade ingredients.
- Bite-sized and free from any preservative.
It is only available in small pouches.
Best Healthy treats for picky hamsters
Sometimes it can be tough to get your hamster to eat. They can be very picky and only want to eat their favorite foods. But that’s okay—we’ve got you covered! Here are some of the best treats for your picky hamsters:
Main Features –
- This nectar stick is suitable for hamsters and small rodents.
- It is available in 3 different flavors-Forest Fruits, Fruits and Rose, and currants
- It has wood in the center of the stick that helps your hammy to trim their treats.
- It does not contain any harmful substance and is completely secure for your pets.
- It is also well balanced in nutrients and minerals and ensures proper growth.
- Most of the hamsters like it.
In one pack there is only one stick.
1. How often should I give my hamster treats?
You can treat your hammy every day but you should feed them in moderate or low quantity remember that it is not a replacement for actual meal.
2. What happens if you give your hamster too many treats?
Too much fruits and veggies might cause diarrhoea in your hamster. Hamsters easily get dehydrated, and dehydration can be deadly.
3. What do hamster like for treats?
Treats that contain veggies and fruits like carrots,apple ,banana,spinach,cucumber etc.make sure you feed them in moderation .
While hamsters love to eat seeds and grains, it is important to give them a little variety in their diet. This not only ensures that they have a healthy diet but also makes sure that they do not get bored of eating the same thing every day. Although you may be tempted to feed your hamster foods from around the house or leftovers, this can prove disastrous for your pet’s health as these foods may contain sugar which can cause major problems such as diabetes and obesity for hamsters. I have mentioned some of the best healthy hamster treats available on the market you can purchase one from the list or you can purchase any other hamster treats. Thank You For Reading.
Hope you found it helpful
Also have a look at –
Best Cat Litter Tray Box India 2022
Best Sturdy Fish Tank Stands India 2022
Best Pet Bowl Feeder In India 2021
Best Muzzle For Aggressive Dog India 2021
Best Sparrow Bird Box India 2022
Best Tree scratching post for cats India 2021
Best Reusable Pet Pee Pads For Dogs in India 2021
Best Toys For Very Active Dogs In India 2021
Best Sturdy Dog Leash India 2021
Best Cheap Dog Carriers In India 2021