If your dog spends a lot of time outdoors playing fetch or romping around in the yard, the salt in the air can dry out its ears. Ear care is an important part of keeping your dog’s ears healthy, and these products can help. I’ve rounded up some of the best Dog ear care solution products available online, Some are great for specific types of ear issues, while others are multipurpose and can be used on a wide variety of problems. It is a must-have product for every pet owner.
Importance of Cleaning The Dog Ear
One of the most important things you can do for your dog is to keep its ears clean. While it is not possible to completely sterilize an ear, cleaning the ear well will help to prevent a lot of the health problems that can come from dirty ears. Most of these health problems are the direct result of ear mites, which are small parasites that can cause a lot of damage to the inner ear if they aren’t cleaned out regularly. Ear mites are also the cause of many other health problems, including diarrhea and lethargy.
Top 3 Best Dog Ear Care Solution in India 2022
Main Features –
- Antifungal, antibacterial, cleaning, and dewaxing ingredients, plus Ceramide complex for wound regeneration, make this a one-of-a-kind formula.
- It helps to eliminate the odour from the ear.
- It has a cucumber-melon scent.
- It helps to prevent the ears from pathogens.
- It helps to heal and provides a soothing effect.
- Safe ingredients.
- Quick and easy to use.
- Provides gentle cleansing.
- Prevents wax buildup.
Some customers complain about receiving broken and unsealed products.
Main Features –
- It’s an ear cleaner that’s non-irritating and anti-microbial.
- It contains salicylic acid Ip,phenoxyethanol IP that acts as a preservative.
- It can be used as a pre-treatment for otitis.
- It is anti-adhesive
- Cleans pet’s ears well.
- Helps to slow down wax buildup.
- Pets don’t mind its smell or touch.
some customers complain about receiving damaged products.
Main Features –
- It is a non-drying, gentle solution.
- It contains all-natural herbal ingredients like eucalyptus, camphor, aloe vera, and menthol.
- It is also slightly alkaline which gives a soothing effect to your pet.
- It can safely be used on animals like dogs, cats, and horses.
- Simple to use on your pet.
- Effectively removes dirt, debris, or wax.
- It is free of any potentially dangerous chemicals.
- It also helps to get rid of mites
- It helps to improve hearing
Some customers complain about receiving expired products.
How to know your pet has an ear infection?
- Animal ear infections can cause a lot of discomforts and sometimes even pain.
- If your dog is showing symptoms such as redness and irritation in their ear, or if they are shaking their head a lot, they may have an ear infection.
- Ear infections can be caused by bacteria, yeast, and other germs, which cause the ear to become inflamed and causes the dog to experience a lot of pain.
- Not only do they cause discomfort and pain, but they can also cause your dog to feel pretty miserable.
Guideline To Use Dog Ear Care solution on Your Pup
Although guidelines are mentioned behind the bottle that you should read before using an ear care solution. However, this is the general guideline on using the ear care solution.
- Shake the bottle thoroughly before using.
- Sit down beside your dog tilt their head to one side.
- Then, lift the ear of the pup and apply the ear solution and massage the bottom of the ear softly yet firmly.
- Allow a few minutes to pass. Remove the extra dirt and debris using a cotton ball.
- Carry on with the same procedure for the opposite ear.
- Do it once or twice per week
1. How can you convince a dog to allow you to clean his or her ears?
If your pet dislikes getting his ears cleaned or displays indications of anxiety or tension, do it gently and praise him along the way. Begin by bringing your dog close to you and gently handling his ear. Pick up the ear and don’t do anything else. For this conduct, lavish praise and treats.
2. Is Dog Ear Cleaning Effective in Preventing Infections?
Yes, of course, Allergies, hormonal disorders, diet, and immune illnesses, as well as a buildup of wax and dirt, can all contribute to ear infections. Infections may be avoided by keeping your dog’s ears clean and neat.
3. Can I use dog ear cleaner on my cat?
NO, It is not recommended to use dog ear cleaner on your cat. As the ingredients used in dog ear drops can have ill-effect on cats.although there are ear solutions available in the market that are suitable for both.
4. Can I use dog ear cleaner on myself?
Although it is not recommended. Thankfully, no significant injury resulted, although some pet medications can be toxic to people if consumed. Also, a human who takes a pet’s medicine instead of the one recommended would miss out on the benefits of taking the right drug.
5. When to visit a veterinarian?
If you have used ear solution and if your pet is not getting any relief or the condition is getting worse, then I strongly recommend you not to delay anymore and immediately consult your veterinarian as the underlying cause might be different.
We have come to the end of this article, and I have tried to explain each and everything about ear care solutions and how important is it to take care of your pet’s ear.
Although, I am not a doctor but I have tried my best to give a genuine review on all the above-mentioned dog ear care solutions based on complete research and customer review on Amazon and I have also personally used them. Our top selection is Medfly Healthcare OTISHIELD Ear Cleansing Solution because it gives quite effective results within less time and it is long-lasting prevention also. Do Try it.
All products listed above are completely safe to use, but you can always consult your veterinarian before use. If you have any questions comment down below we will answer them as soon as possible.
Thank you for Reading.
Hope this will help you.
Also have a look at –