Many people believe that dogs are human’s best friends. Dogs can be very friendly, loyal, and protective of their owners. A dog can be trained to be a great home security system. People often feel safe when they have a dog in their home. They are great companions too. A dog will bark to alert its owner if someone is at the door or if there is an intruder in the home. There are many different dog breeds that are great for home security. In this article, “Which Dog is Best for Home Security in India ?” I have mentioned some breeds that are well suited for this purpose.
Why You Need a Guard Dog for Your Home ?
Owning a guard dog is an important step in protecting your home and family. Statistics show that homes without a dog are four times more likely to be broken into when compared to homes with a dog. And that’s just considering the deterrent effect that a big, barking dog can have. The presence of a guard dog will actually stop intruders in their tracks, as they know that they are likely to be confronted by a dangerous animal. So, if you’re looking for peace of mind when it comes to the security of your home, a guard dog is the answer
The Best Dog Breeds for Indian Home Security
The best breeds of dogs for home security in India vary depending on the climate and environment of the region. For example, a sighthound such as the Saluki would be a good choice for an area with lots of open space and few places for an intruder to hide. In contrast, a dog with a thick coat, such as the mastiff, would be better suited to a colder climate. Some of the best breeds for home security in India include the German shepherd, the bulldog, the Indian mastiff, and the rottweiler. All of these breeds are large, strong, and territorial, making them ideal for guarding property.
1. German Shepherd-
The German shepherd is one of the most popular breeds in India. They are very intelligent and they quickly learn whatever you want to teach them. It is available in the price range of 10,000 to 15,000 rupees. The average life span is around 9- 14 years.
- The average height of a male german shepherd ranges from 60- 65cm (1.9 to 2.1 feet) and for females, it ranges from 55 to 60 cm(1.8 to 2 feet)
- If you properly take care of them. These German shepherds do not often fall ill.
- It is commonly available in red/black color and in some rare color combinations like complete white, pure black, etc.
- It has a very friendly nature and strongly protects its owner.
- It is well suited in regions where the climate is cold but can also adjust itself in hot climates.
For more info click here.
A bulldog is an extremely muscular and short dog and is very good towards children, its appearance alone can scare away the stranger or intruder. It is one of the strongest dogs in the world. It has stubborn behavior and it is slightly difficult to train. It is available in the price range of 10,000 to 55,000 rupees. The average life span is around 8-10 years
- The average height of a male german shepherd ranges from 60- 65cm (1.9 to 2.1 feet) and for females, it ranges from 55 to 60 cm(1.8 to 2 feet).
- It is extremely nice with the children and does not require much exercise.
- It is considered one of the strongest dog breeds pound for pound.
- It can quickly cover a short distance but can not run for a longer distance.
- It is quite aggressive towards strangers.
- bulldog is very sensitive to hot temperatures. it is ideal for the regions with cold temperatures ( less than 24 degrees Celcius).
For more info click here
3. The Indian mastiff-
Indian mastiff has various different names like bully kutta, Indian bully, etc. This dog is very strong and aggressive it has wrinkled skin and is mainly popular in the regions of Delhi, Tamilnadu, Punjab, etc. These dogs are also used in dogfighting competitions in Pakistan, they can be an ideal choice for your home security. It is available in the price range from 5,000 to 20,000 Rs. The average life span is around 8 -10 years.
- The average height of this dog is approx 2.6ft.
- It does not shed much hair.
- It has a strong sense of guarding its territory.
- These dog bully kutta is well suited to survive in all Indian climates.
Know the (Alangu) Bully Kutta Price in India
Rottweiler is very strong and muscular. It is also an extremely quick learner and very very protective of its owners. It has a price range from 15,000 to 49,000 Rs. The average life span is around 8– 10 years.
- The average height of a male Rottweiler is around 60- 69cm(1.9 to 2.3 feet) and for females, it’s around 55-63cm (1.8 to 2 feet).
- If it is trained properly and socialized they can be very loyal to you and your family
- They show more aggression towards strangers than the other breeds which makes them an ideal guard dog for your home.
- It can also adapt to the Indian climatic conditions very well but requires a little bit of additional care during summer.
Know the Rottweiler Price in India
Doberman is extremely strong and can be an extremely loyal friend to you. If you properly socialize with them they are very friendly to you and your children. They are naturally very protective of their owners. It is available in the range of 15,000 to 20,000 rupees. Average life span is around 10-14 years
- The average height of a male Doberman is around 60-72cm(1.9 to 2.3 feet) and for females, it’s around 61-68cm (2 to 2.2 feet).
- This breed of dog is extremely loyal.
- It is one of the most intelligent breeds of dogs.
- As it has short hair they can easily adapt to the Indian hot and humid climate. But can find it difficult to adapt to the colder regions.
Know the Doberman Price in India
Which Dog is Best for Home Security in India ?- Buying Guide
As with any other pet, there are a few things you should bear in mind when choosing a dog for home security in India.
Size is one important factor. You’ll want a dog that’s large enough to deter ( to scare) intruders or any stranger but not so large that it’s difficult to manage.
Home space is also one of the important aspects that need to be considered. If you have ample space to accommodate a large dog comfortably then go for it, otherwise, if there is a limited space then consider buying small breeds like a bulldog, etc.
Another thing to consider is temperament. Make sure you select a dog that’s territorial(highly protective towards their area) and aggressive towards strangers. But at the same time, they should be highly obedient, kind, and gentle towards you and your family.
The climatic condition also plays an important role. India has frequent climatic changes in a year and it varies region by region. For eg, In places like Rajasthan, there is mostly warm weather so select those breeds which are best suited for warm weather, another If you consider places like Kashmir their climate is always colder, hence one should select dogs suited for cold weather. Hence choose accordingly.
How to Train a Dog for Home Security ?
A dog is a perfect home security partner. They not only act as a deterrent to would-be burglars but they can also be trained to respond to specific noises or motions that might indicate an intruder. Not sure which breed of dog is best for the task? Check out our guide to the top six breeds for home security in India. Training a dog for home security is a process that takes patience and repetition, but it’s well worth it in the end. Make sure you start training your dog as soon as you bring them home, and be consistent with your commands. Reward them with treats and positive reinforcement when they do well. With a little bit of training, your furry friend will be reliable and effective in keeping your home safe
Remembering Your Dog Is Part of the Family
Dogs provide more than security for your home—they become a beloved member of the family. When choosing a dog for home security, remember that this is a living creature that will need exercise, food, and love. Besides providing a sense of safety and security, a dog can also offer companionship and love. When you’re away from home, your dog will be a loyal friend who is always happy to see you come through the door. So, before you decide on a dog for security, be sure to think about the other important aspects of taking care of a pet.
A loyal and loving family dog is a wonderful addition to any home. In this article, Which Dog is Best for Home Security in India? I have explained and given you a detailed information on what all factors one should consider while buying dog breeds for home security and have listed some dog breeds whican be an ideal security guard for your home. Go and buy a new member and home guard for your family 😄 .
If you have any doubts then please comment below.
Hopefully, you found it helpful
Do comment below if you have any questions. It would be our pleasure to answer you.
Also have a look at –