Cats are an indoor species, which means they have to find an appropriate spot to do their business. The litter tray box is the best way to help your cat adapt to living indoors. When your cat first comes home, they will need a lot of encouragement to use the litter box. This is why it’s a good idea to purchase a number of litter trays and place them in areas where your cat spends their time. I have listed the best cat litter tray box available online and have tried to give a detailed review so you can buy the right litter tray box for your cat.
Types of Cat Litter Tray Box
There are a number of different types of litter trays available, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Some are better suited to containing waste, some are better at containing odours, and some are better at containing both, but all can be used to care for your cat in some capacity.
1. Uncovered/Open litter tray box-
This is one of the most used types of tray box and it is also one of the cheapest. As the name suggests it is an open rectangular-shaped tray box and they are made of plastic. And you have to scoop the litter daily as it is completely open.
2. Litter tray box with a cover-
It is somewhat similar to an open litter tray box except it has a cover above it. It is also made of plastic and some cats like covered tray boxes as they find it secure.
3. Top-entry litter box-
The top-entry litter box as the name suggests it has its entrance from the top. To use this box a cat has to climb on it so it is suitable for kittens and healthy adult cats. And not recommended for senior or obese cats.
4. Self-cleaning boxes-
These are standard litter boxes, except it has a motorized mechanism that scoops up the waste of your cat and moves it to an enclosed container.
They usually come with sensors to identify when the cat has escaped the box. This guarantees that the cleaning procedure begins without interfering with the cat’s personal space.
5. Sifting boxes-
The tray’s bottom will typically feature pores, slots, or mesh, enabling clean litter particles to fall through into the box while trapping waste lumps and functioning as a single large scoop for the entire container.
Best Cat Litter Tray Box India - Buying Guide
1. Easy to wash/clean-
Make sure you buy a litter box that is made of nonstick plastic so that the litter does not get stuck to the surface. You can also buy self-cleaning boxes as they automatically clean themselves and it requires minimum effort to clean.
You must buy a cat litter box that is slightly larger than the size of your cat. so that you can comfortably sit and can move around easily. And when you buy a covered litter box make sure its entrance is big enough so that your cat can easily enter and escape the box.
3. Covered or uncovered litter box-
There is no specific answer on whether to choose a covered or uncovered litter box; it completely depends on your cat. But most of the cats preferred uncovered or open litter boxes as they can have a clear view of the surroundings.
There are various types of cat litter tray boxes as we have already discussed above you can choose one according to your and your cat’s preferences.
It is another important aspect that should be taken into consideration. Make sure the litter box you purchase is made of good quality materials and should be made non -toxic materials so that it does not have any ill effect on your fur friend.
Top 5 Best Cat Litter Tray Box India 2023
- It is an open/uncovered type of litter tray box.
- It is made of high-quality plastic material.
- It is available in a variety of colors- blue, green, pink.
- Rims are removable and it also comes with a shovel.
- Easy to clean and reduce odour.
- Easy to shovel and reduces the growth of bacteria.
- The height of the litter tray box is suitable for cats to jump.
- It is light in weight which makes it very portable.
suitable for kittens and small cats only.
- It is an uncovered litter box and made of high-quality material.
- The cat litter tray has removable rims.
- It is available in various colors like lemon green, grey, retro blue, retro brown, and pink.
- It is available in 2 different sizes- 17 inches and 20 inches.
- It is appropriate for small to medium-sized cats.
- Because it is lightweight, it is convenient to carry.
- The height of the litter tray box is low so that the cat can easily enter and escape the litter tray.
- It has a slightly inverted rim which prevents the waste from getting out of the box and keeps the surroundings clean.
- The bags keep urine stains and bad smells out of the litter tray.
Not ideal for large adult cats
- It is a top entry litter box and made of high-quality material.
- It is available in two colors -Anthracite, Mocca.
- It has a hook on the outside of the box for hanging a litter scoop.
- It is suitable for larger cats.
- It has handles that make it easier to move around.
- The entrance is big enough for an adult cat to move in or out of the box with ease.
- It has raised rims that prevent the scattering of the waste.
- The sloping top causes litter to fall through the tiny holes back inside when the cat exits the tray, keeping the area surrounding the litter box clean.
- scooping and cleaning the waste is very easy.
It is expensive.
- It is a covered litter box
- The dome is detachable.
- It is available in 4 different colors -turquoise/white,Blue/white,Bordeaux/cream,Purple/lilac.
- It has a swing door that allows the cat to enter/exit the litter box easily.
- It has a filtration system installed at the top that helps to reduce odour.
- As the dome is removable it makes it easier to clean.
- Easy to assemble and quality is good.
- Provides privacy to your cat.
some customers recieved used litter box.
- It consists of three layers 2 solid trays and a sieve tray (mesh tray).
- The 2 solid trays are interchangeable.
- The sieve tray has holes through which litter gets back into the tray and clumps get isolated that you can dispose of.
- The tray and rim are attached with clips.
- The dimension of the Trixie tray is W-23 xB-15 x H-23 inches and weighs around 1.7 kg.
- All the layers are removable which makes them simple to clean.
- It helps to minimize scooping manually.
- It is very sturdy.
The manual is not easy to understand.
Not suitable for pine pellets.
1. Is it important to clean the litter tray box?
Have you noticed how bad your cat’s litter tray smells? It’s not pleasant for you, but it’s especially unpleasant for your cat. That’s why it’s so important to keep your cat’s litter tray clean. A dirty litter tray can be a breeding ground for bacteria and unpleasant smells.
2. How often to clean out the cat litter box?
Litter boxes should be cleaned on a regular basis to prevent odour and germs from accumulating on the surfaces. If you have the time, give a standard litter box a short wash every time you change the litter, which should be once maybe twice per week.
3. Where to put litter tray?
Locate a calm, clean, and low-traffic area in your home and set the litter box there. This will provide your cat with some privacy while also making her feel comfortable when performing her business.
4. Can you move the cat’s litter box?
This is not something I encourage! Cats, as you may know, are quite alert to changes in their surroundings. Furthermore, if you unexpectedly relocate the litter box, cats may stop using it and leave their litter on the flooring. However, if it is really essential! Then, each day, move the box a few inches closer to the location you want it to be.
5. Why cat won’t use the litter box?
It’s possible that your cat is having litter box issues. She may choose to urinate outside her litter box if it isn’t clean enough, is too small or too deep (cats prefer around 2 inches of litter), is difficult to reach, or has an unpleasant liner. Cats like litter that is odourless.
A cat litter box aids in the maintenance of sanitary and clean living conditions in your home. It provides a personal area for your cats to poop and stay healthy.
The cat litter box is easy to clean and also stops germs from developing. A cat litter tray box allows you to better control your cats’ lifestyle while also providing them with the respect they deserve as dignified animals.
Giving your kitties a kitty litter box is one way to express your affection for them. The Trixie Cisco Cat Litter Tray and Savic Iriz cat litter box are our top recommendations. if you have any questions related to this topic enter it down below we will try to answer them asap.
Hopefully, you found it helpful
Also have a look at –
Best Silent Dog Nail Grinder In India 2021
Best Muzzle For Aggressive Dog India 2021
Best Tree scratching post for cats India 2021
Best Reusable Pet Pee Pads For Dogs in India 2021
Best Toys For Very Active Dogs In India 2021
Best Sturdy Dog Leash India 2021
Best Cheap Dog Carriers In India 2021