- 1 Price of The Bernese Mountain Dog in India
- 2 Factors Affecting the Bernese Mountain Dog Price in India
- 3 History of the Bernese Mountain Dog
- 4 Appearance of the Bernese Mountain Dog
- 5 Temperament of the Bernese Mountain Dog
- 6 Lifespan And Size of the Bernese Mountain Dog
- 7 Health Issues of the Bernese Mountain Dog
- 8 Things to Know Before Getting Bernese Mountain Dog
- 9 Places To Buy Bernese Mountain Dogs in India
- 10 Pros and Cons of Owning a Bernese Mountain Dog
- 11 FAQ
- 12 Final Thoughts
If you’re considering adding a Bernese Mountain Dog to your family, one of your first questions is likely to be about the Bernese mountain dog price in India.
As a rare and highly sought-after breed, Bernese Mountain Dogs can be quite expensive, so it’s important to do your research before making a purchase.
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about the Bernese mountain dog price in India, including where to buy them, how much you can expect to pay, and what factors can affect the cost. So, let’s get started!
Price of The Bernese Mountain Dog in India
Bernese Mountain Dog Price in India can vary widely depending on a number of factors, including the dog’s age, pedigree, and location.
On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from ₹40,000 to ₹1,00,000 for a Bernese Mountain Dog in India.
However, some breeders may charge even more for dogs with particularly desirable traits or bloodlines.
|Bernese dog price in Mumbai||40,000 Rs - 1,00,000 Rs|
|Bernese dog price in Delhi||40,000 Rs - 1,00,000 Rs|
|Bernese dog price in Bangalore||40,000 Rs - 1,00,000 Rs|
Factors Affecting the Bernese Mountain Dog Price in India
Dogs with pedigrees that include champion bloodlines or other desirable traits will often be more expensive than dogs without such pedigrees.
Older dogs may be less expensive than puppies, as they are less in demand and may have already undergone some training.
The cost of a Bernese Mountain Dog can vary depending on where you live in India. Dogs in urban areas may be more expensive than those in rural areas.
Reputable breeders who are known for producing healthy, well-socialized dogs may charge more for their puppies than breeders with a less established reputation
History of the Bernese Mountain Dog
The Bernese Mountain Dog is a breed with a long and interesting history. It is believed to have been developed from the Roman Molossian dogs that were brought to Switzerland by the invading Romans in the first century BC.
These dogs were used for herding and guarding livestock, as well as being companions and watchdogs.
Over time, they were bred with local Swiss mountain dogs, resulting in the Bernese Mountain Dog we know today.
The breed was officially recognized in 1907 by the Swiss Kennel Club and has since become popular across Europe and North America.
Today, these loyal and intelligent dogs are often used as companions, therapy dogs, or for search-and-rescue missions.
Their natural intelligence and eagerness to please make them easy to train, making them excellent family pets.
The Bernese Mountain Dog is an iconic Swiss breed that continues to be beloved by many families around the world today.
With an impressive history behind it, this loyal companion will continue to be treasured for generations to come.
Appearance of the Bernese Mountain Dog
The Bernese Mountain Dog is a large-sized breed with a deep chest, strong legs, and an overall muscular build. Its coat is tri-coloured; black, white, and rust.
The fur is thick, long, and silky, with a slight wave or curl. They have a gentle expression that is enhanced by their low-set ears and dark almond-shaped eyes.
The tail of the Bernese Mountain Dog is long and bushy when relaxed but carried in a ‘J’ shape when alert or moving.
The Bernese Mountain Dog’s appearance can be deceiving as they are quite strong despite their cuddly demeanour.
Temperament of the Bernese Mountain Dog
Bernese Mountain Dog is also known for their friendly and loyal temperament. This breed is an ideal choice for a family pet: it loves to be around people, especially children.
The Bernese Mountain Dog is also patient and can withstand a lot of roughhousing from young kids.
It has a calm nature but can be protective when needed, making it an excellent guard dog as well.
The Bernese Mountain Dog is an intelligent breed that is easily trained with consistent rewards and positive reinforcement techniques.
It does need plenty of exercises and mental stimulation to keep it engaged – this includes daily walks, playtime, and even basic obedience classes to keep it mentally stimulated.
Overall, the Bernese Mountain Dog is a great addition to any family that desires an affectionate companion with an even-tempered personality
Lifespan And Size of the Bernese Mountain Dog
The Bernese Mountain Dog has an average lifespan of 6 to 8 years. Usually adult male Bernese range in size from 25 to 28 inches tall at the shoulder and weigh between 80 and 120 pounds or 36 to 54 kg.
While the female ones can range from 23 to 26 inches tall at the shoulder and can weigh between 70 to 90 pounds 31 to 40 kg
Health Issues of the Bernese Mountain Dog
Bernese Mountain Dogs are generally healthy, but like any breed, there are certain health issues to look out for.
The most common health issues facing this breed include hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, and bloat.
Hip and elbow dysplasia are conditions where the joints don’t form properly and can cause pain and arthritis.
Bloat is a condition that affects the stomach, causing it to twist in on itself and trap gas inside. This can be fatal if not treated immediately.
Owners should also watch out for skin issues such as allergies, flea infestations, mange mites, and ear infections. These can all be prevented with proper grooming and veterinary care.
It’s important to get regular health screenings for any Bernese Mountain Dog you own or plans to own in order to detect any potential health problems early on. This will help ensure your pet’s long-term health and happiness.
Things to Know Before Getting Bernese Mountain Dog
1. Bernese Mountain Dogs are large dogs. An adult male can weigh up to 120 pounds. So, they require a lot of space and a big yard. They are not suitable for small apartments.
2. Bernese Mountain Dogs require daily exercise. They are energetic and active dogs and need at least 30-60 minutes of exercise every day. Without exercise, they can become bored and engage in destructive behaviour.
3. Bernese Mountain Dogs require frequent grooming. They have a long, silky coat that needs brushing 3-4 times a week to prevent tangles and mats. They also need occasional bathing and trimming.
4. Bernese Mountain Dogs tend to shed a lot. You will find hair on your clothes, furniture, and floors. Regular brushing can help reduce shedding but they still shed heavily during seasonal changes and will require more frequent brushing.
5. Bernese Mountain Dogs require a lot of attention and affection. They are gentle, social dogs and form close bonds with their owners. They thrive on human interaction and attention. If left alone for long periods, they can suffer from separation anxiety.
6. Bernese Mountain Dogs may require professional training. They are intelligent dogs but can be stubborn. Early socialization and positive reinforcement training are important to ensure good behaviour. Professional training may also help establish you as the pack leader.
7. Bernese Mountain Dogs have a short lifespan. Sadly, Bernese lives only 6-8 years on average due to health issues. Cancer is a major cause of death, so regular vet checkups are important to monitor for health risks.
8. Bernese Mountain Dogs can be expensive. Not only do Bernese dogs require high-quality food to meet their large size, but also frequent vet care, quality training, grooming, and other essentials.
Those are some of the most important things to consider before getting a Bernese Mountain Dog. Make sure you understand the responsibility that comes with this breed before getting one. With proper care and affection, Bernese can make wonderful family companions.
Places To Buy Bernese Mountain Dogs in India
If you’re looking to buy a Bernese Mountain Dog in India, there are a few different options available to you. Here are some of the most common places to find Bernese Mountain Dogs for sale:
Breeders: One of the best ways to find a Bernese Mountain Dog in India is to seek out a reputable breeder.
A good breeder will be able to provide you with information about the dog’s lineage, health history, and temperament, as well as any necessary paperwork and certifications.
Pet Stores: Some pet stores in India may carry Bernese Mountain Dogs, but it’s important to be cautious when buying from a pet store.
In many cases, these dogs come from puppy mills or other unethical breeding operations, which can lead to health and behavioural issues down the line.
Online: You can also find Bernese Mountain Dogs for sale online, either through breeder websites or classified ads.
However, it’s important to be careful when buying online, as there are many scams and fraudulent sellers out there.
Pros and Cons of Owning a Bernese Mountain Dog
- Bernese are gentle, friendly and affectionate dogs. They are patient and loving towards children and families.
- Bernese are intelligent, easy to train and obedient dogs. They respond well to positive reinforcement training and socialization from an early age.
- Bernese make great watchdogs. They will bark to alert you of any intruders or perceive threats while remaining friendly towards familiar and invited guests..
- Bernese are playful and energetic dogs. They make a great exercise companion and will enjoy activities like hiking, long walks, and playtime.
- Bernese has a short lifespan of 6-8 years on average. They are prone to health issues like cancer which can lead to high vet costs.
- Bernese requires daily exercise and activity. Without enough activity and attention, they can become bored, depressed or engage in destructive behaviour.
- Bernese shed heavily and requires frequent grooming. Their long coat needs brushing 3-4 times a week and occasional baths to keep shedding at bay.
- Bernese has a large size and spacious requirements. They are not ideal for small apartments or homes and need plenty of room indoors and a big yard.
- Bernese can be expensive dogs to care for properly. High-quality food, vet care, grooming, training and other essential costs can be quite costly
Is Bernese Mountain Dog available in India?
Yes, Bernese Mountain Dogs are available in India, but they are not very common. You can find breeders and pet stores that sell them, but it may take some effort to locate one.
What is the Bernese mountain dog puppy price in India?
The price of a Bernese Mountain Dog puppy in India can vary depending on various factors such as location, breeder, and availability. However, on average, the price of a Bernese Mountain Dog puppy in India can range from ₹40,000 to ₹1,00,000.
Why is Bernese Mountain Dog so expensive?
Bernese Mountain Dogs are expensive because they are a rare breed that is in high demand. They are also expensive to breed and raise due to their large size, health issues, and the cost of importing quality breeding stock from other countries.
Are Bernese mountain dogs safe?
Bernese Mountain Dogs are generally safe around people, including children. They are known for their gentle and friendly nature. However, like all dogs, they may become aggressive if they feel threatened or if they are not properly socialized.
Is a Bernese a good first dog?
Bernese Mountain Dogs can make good first dogs if their owners are willing to put in the time and effort to properly train and socialize them. They are easy to train and eager to please, but they do require a lot of exercise and attention due to their large size and energy levels.
Do Bernese dogs bark a lot?
Bernese Mountain Dogs are not known for excessive barking, but they may bark to alert their owners to potential danger or if they are feeling anxious or stressed.
Can Bernese be left alone?
Bernese Mountain Dogs should not be left alone for long periods of time as they are a social breed that thrives on human companionship. They may become anxious or destructive if left alone for too long.
What is the lifespan of a Bernese dog?
The average lifespan of a Bernese Mountain Dog is 6-8 years. However, with proper care and attention, some may live up to 10 years or longer.
Are Bernese dogs smart?
Bernese Mountain Dogs are intelligent and eager to please, but they may not be as quick to learn as some other breeds. They respond well to positive reinforcement training methods and enjoy learning new things.
Do Bernese dogs sleep a lot?
Bernese Mountain Dogs do require a lot of sleep, especially when they are young and growing. They may sleep up to 18 hours a day, but they also need plenty of exercises and mental stimulation when they are awake.
Are Bernese dogs loyal?
Bernese Mountain Dogs are known for their loyalty and devotion to their owners. They are a social breed that enjoys spending time with their family and will often follow their owners around wherever they go.
In conclusion, the Bernese mountain dog is an incredible breed that has been around for centuries.
They are beautiful and loyal dogs who make great companions. The price of a Bernese mountain dog in India depends on its type, size, and pedigree.
When looking to get a Bernese mountain dog, it’s important to consider the pros and cons before making your decision.
As an owner, it’s important to understand the needs of this breed so you can provide them with the best care possible.
This includes providing them with plenty of exercise and socialization opportunities as well as regular vet check-ups.
With proper care and love, a Bernese mountain dog can be a wonderful companion for years to come.
Overall, the Bernese mountain dog is an incredible breed with a rich history. If you’re looking for a loyal and loving companion, then this could be the perfect breed for you!
Hope you found it helpful
Thank you for Reading.